Friday, August 1, 2008

Large Piece Workshop at LMRA








On Saturday July 26th, I took a workshop on how to throw large pieces. The pictures shown are: throwing one big lump of clay, putting 2 or more thrown peices together & the coil method. I tried it after the workshop - the large lump of clay. The two times I tried, it didn't work out to my satisfaction. But I'll try it again the next time I'm in the studio.

I'll get Paul's last name & post it when I remember what it is. This was an all day event. The goal of the workshop was not to throw as large as Paul did. But to encourage us to throw larger than we have in the past.

1 comment:

Val said...

I remember doing this in college. My favorite piece (probably the only one that worked :) was about the size of a lemon with a small lip. Still use it for tiny flowers. It was better that I stuck to painting! I can't wait to see what you "turn" out. hee hee I made a joke :D